Transfer Domain From GoDaddy to Odoo
Step 1: Access GoDaddy Domain DNS Settings
- From the side menu, select DNS Hosting under Services.
- Create a CNAME record www.yourdomain.com pointing to database URL e.g. silverdaletech.odoo.com.
- If you want to use the naked domain (e.g. yourdomain.com), you need to redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com. Follow "Step 3" to redirect naked domain.
Step 2: Configure CNAME Record
- Add CNAME Record: Create a CNAME (Canonical Name) record to direct visitors subdomain to your Odoo database.
- Type: CNAME
- Name: www
- Value: Your Odoo database URL
- TTL: Default (or as provided)
If you encounter issues adding this record, check for any existing CNAME entries with the name "www" and remove them.
Step 3: Configure Forwarding
- Access GoDaddy Account: Navigate to "My Account" and select "Domains."
- Manage All Domains: Click on "Manage All."
- Configure Forwarding: Locate your domain and click the three dots (...) to the right. Look for the "Forward" option.
- Set Forwarding: Add your GoDaddy website domain with "www" and choose a forwarding type (e.g., permanent or masked).
Note: Using "https://" instead of "http://" may result in faster linkage with Odoo.
Step 4: Configure Odoo Settings
- Domain On Odoo: Go to odoo.sh database and enter your website domain under the settings menu.
- Confirm Configuration: Click on "Add Domain" Users can now access your Odoo database by typing either "yourgodaddywebsitedomain.com" or "www.yourgodaddywebsitedomain.com."