SME Release Notes Odoo 16
Welcome to the end of February release of our Module Extensions for Odoo 16. The official release date for these updates is February 27th, but we will communicate with you individually to schedule the release to your Odoo.
If you want to add any Module Extensions to your subscription, or have any questions or ideas for future releases, please contact us via Silverdale Cares or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release notes for other ODOO versions are here:
Silverdale Module Extensions for Odoo 16
Accounting Extension: save payment token for public users (Authorize.net)
CRM Extension: show parent company on opportunities
Extension Upgrades from ODOO V15 to V16
Save payment token for public users (Authotrize.net)
When a payment link is generated or the preview link is used to make the payment on a Sales Order or an invoice, the option to save cards is not available unless the user logs in first.
T86929 save payment token for public users allows to save the card information without login and use that in future for the payments in Authorize.net.
- Go to settings and enable Save payment token option for public user in Accounting extension as shown below
- Once enabled go to Accounting / Configuration/Payment Acquirers and select Authorize. net
- Once selected go to configuration tab and enable "allow saving cards without login" and "allow using cards without login" as needed
- Once the configuration has been made go to sales order and create sales order
- Click on Action and generate payment link as shown below
- Once the payment link is generated go to the website using the link and user will be displayed with save payment information as shown below
- Upon Successful payment the card information will be saved which can be used for future payment and user will be able to see the saved information as shown below
CRM ExtensionShow parent company on opportunities
T63616 Show parent company on opportunities is useful to see to which company your customer belongs to.
Go to Settings and enable Show Parent Company on Opportunities in CRM Extension
- Go to CRM and open an opportunity
- Select the Customer, that is the person with whom you are directly dealing with. As a result Odoo will automatically fill the Client field with the parent company
- In CRM Opportunity List view users can also see both the contact name (Customer) and the Client (parent company)
- User can also group by client as shown below
SME Upgrades from Odoo V15 to V16
We have upgraded the following SMEs to Odoo 16:
- General Extension
- Field Service Extension