SME Installation Guide
Before you start the installation, ensure you already have a Github and Odoo.sh account. If not please follow this guide.
This guide focuses on installing our extension modules in Odoo SH. For on-premise installation guidance please contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Odoo.sh there are two ways to complete the installation:
- Silverdale Installation, you gives access to GitHub and Odoo and we do the rest
- Self Installation, you set up all the steps
Add Silverdale to your Odoo.sh Users
- Go to www.odoo.sh and sign in if you haven't already.
- Go to the settings menu.
- In the collaborators section, in the GitHub username field, add a search for "nickfoy."
- Click 'Add'.
- You will then see silverdaletech added to the list of users.
- Next to the Silverdaletech user Nickfoy, select "Admin" from the drop-down
Add Silverdale as a collaborator on GitHub
- Now go back to your GitHub tab, and if it signed you out, sign in again.
- Go to settings In the top-left corner, you will see your Odoo.sh repository; click on it.
- In settings Go to "Collaborators."
- Click "Add People" and then "Search for user nickfoy" and add nickfoy to your repository.
- After that, we'll get a request to join your repository, finish the last few tasks, and get back to you within 24 working hours to let you know everything is done.
- Go to Odoo.sh.
- Select and open the project, and click on settings.
- Go to Sub Modules and paste one of the following Silverdale repository links there based on your Odoo version.
- Once the link is pasted, click on "Add," which will generate a key.
- A public key will be generated. Copy the public key and finger print and share them with the Silverdale team at email@example.com with the subject "Public Key" and your organization name.
- Within 24 business hours, Silverdale will approve the fingerprint and key and get back to you.
- Go back to Branches and select the branch where SME needs to be deployed.
- Click on submodules, and then click on Run on odoo.sh.
- This will open a popup window.
- Enter the repository URL and one of the following based on the Odoo version.
- Select Branch as main.
- Click on the add submodules button. As soon as you click on the add submodules button, it will start rebuilding the server.
- After all the steps have been completed and the build is successful, Go to Odoo, click on apps, and update the app list. Search for sd_base_setup Install/activate it. (Make sure developer mode is activated.)
- Once done go to settings click Silverdale Extensions Add your subscription key (provided by Silverdale) and click on "validate key".