Silverdale Subscription Module
The Silverdale Subscription Extension shows more detailed information on the portal, auto-fetches the end date of the subscription based on the duration, adds a pricelist discount to the Subscription product, and grants portal access after successful payment on the invoice
Additional information on the portal
This feature allows portal users to see more detailed information about subscriptions: frequency, start date, valid until, and next invoice.
- Go to settings and enable additional information on portal view.
- Once the feature is activated, go to the portal click on subscription and in subscription additional information of subscription such as Frequency , Start date, valid until will be displayed. This information is also visible in the list view.
Fixed duration on e-commerce subscription
This feature allows the user to sell a fixed duration subscription via e-commerce automatically setting up the subscription "End Date" based on the recurrence period when the order is confirmed (this was standard in Odoo 15, but not available in Odoo 16)
- Go to settings and enable fixed duration on ecommerce subscription.
- Go to subscriptions and create a new subscription.
- Add products in order lines and define the recurrence period , once the recurrence period is defined, subscription is confirmed and moved to sales Order.
- Recurrence end date will automatically be populated as highlighted field (based on the recurrence period).
Apply pricelist to recurrence product
This feature allows users to apply discounts at the order line level to subscription products too, and discounts will automatically be calculated based on discount percentage, recurrence period, and amount.
- Go to settings and enable Apply Pricelist to recurrence product
- Once the feature is enabled, you can create or update your subscription.
- Add the product to the order line. In the order line, the user will be displayed with the Disc% field, which is editable and applies the discount percentage to the order line.
- As an example, we have applied a discount of 50%, which automatically updated the subtotal.
Grant portal access on subscription purchase
Once the feature is enabled, it will automatically send an email and give customers access to the portal.
- Go to settings and enable grant portal access on subscription purchase.
- To configure the actionable email-based user, the user needs to select the type of email from the drop-down list or create a new one if it doesn’t exist.
- As an example, we have selected to create an Odoo account, so when the subscription invoice is paid, the system will automatically send an email to the user.
- Once the feature is enabled, go to sales order and add a subscription product.
- Once the subscription is created, create an invoice. Once the invoice is created and payment is registered against the invoice, an email will automatically be sent to the customer.